Sunday, 27 December
60. Teaching the African Novel
5:15–6:30 p.m., Anthony, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on African Literatures
Presiding: Mohamed Kamara, Washington and Lee Univ.
1. “The Francophone African Novel in the French Classroom,” Mohamed Kamara
2. “Why History Matters in the African Novel,” Eleni Eva Coundouriotis, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
3. “Teaching Islam in the African Novel,” Shirin E. Edwin, Sam Houston State Univ.
4. “Theoretical Considerations in the Teaching of the African Novel,” Livinus Odozor, Univ. of Illinois, Springfield
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|