375. Expatriation, Authorship, and Reception in African Literatures
Sunday, 10 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Arkansas, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on African Literatures
Presiding: Taiwo Adetunji Osinubi, Univ. of Western Ontario; Joya F. Uraizee, Saint Louis Univ.
1. "Literatures of Return, Literary Returns: Writing out of South Africa," Andrew van der Vlies, Univ. of London, Queen Mary Coll.
2. "Gendering Expatriation: Yvonne Vera and the Tucholsky Prize," Sarah J. Kastner, Queen's Univ.
3. "African Authors Writing Space," Nicole Cesare, Temple Univ., Philadelphia
4. "Relocating the Expatriated Self in the 'New' South Africa: Memoirs of Indian South Africans," Manori Neelika Jayawardane, State Univ. of New York, Oswego
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|