57. Adaptation and Refraction in East Asia to 1900
Tuesday, 5 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Issaquah, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on East Asian Languages and Literatures to 1900
Presiding: Joseph Sorensen, Univ. of California, Davis
1. "The Adaptation and Re-Creation of The Romance of the Three Kingdoms in Japanese Puppet Theater," Kai Xie, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
2. "Women Outlaws of the Marsh: Takizawa Bakin's Transgendering Adaptation of The Water Margin," Mari Nagase, Augustana Coll.
3. "Subjugation of the Demonic Woman and Qu You's The Peony Lantern: From Ningbo Literati to Arakida Reijo," Fumiko Joo, Univ. of Chicago
4. "The Peony Lantern: From Chinese Literati Narrative to B Movie," Paul Rouzer, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|