179. Influence/Confluence of Genres in East Asia before 1900
Friday, 9 January, 7:00–8:15 p.m., Colorado, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on East Asian Languages and Literatures to 1900
Presiding: Joseph Sorensen, Univ. of California, Davis
1. "'When False Is Taken for True': Cross-Dressing in Dream of Red Mansions," Megan Ammirati, Univ. of California, Davis
2. "Tanci Lyrical Narratives: The Confluence of Music Performance and Vernacular Fiction in Late Imperial China," Yu Zhang, Univ. of Oregon
3. "Romance of the Western Wing and Playful 'Eight-Legged Essays,'" Yinghui Wu, Washington Univ. in St. Louis
4. "Intertextuality in Seventeenth-Century Kabuki Actor Reviews," Thomas Gaubatz, Columbia Univ.
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|