619. New Perspectives on Scandal and Early United States Literature
Sunday, 11 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Michigan–Michigan State, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on American Literature to 1800
Presiding: Sean X. Goudie, Penn State Univ., University Park
1. "Resisting Scandal: Fictionality and Publicity in Early American Literature," Thomas Koenigs, Yale Univ.
2. "Speculation, Seduction, and the Novel: The Scandalous Case of The Coquette," Andrew Kopec, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
3. "Imprisonment as Profit: Capturing Dehumanization in Early American Penal and Corporate Structures," Karen Rosenthall, Rice Univ.
4. "Cooper's Last Stand: Three Mile Point, Minor Scandal, and Literary Reputation," Sarah Salter, Penn State Univ., University Park
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|