Sunday, 09 January
790. Stowe and Critical Memory
1:45–3:00 p.m., Platinum Salon G, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Nineteenth-Century American Literature
Presiding: Anna C. Brickhouse, Univ. of Virginia
1. “Textual, Cultural, and Theoretical: Reviewing Stowe Scholarship at a Bicentennial Moment,” Sarah Ruffing Robbins, Texas Christian Univ.
2. “‘An Eliza’: Mary King, ‘Miscegenation,’ and Fugitivity,” Brigitte Fielder, Cornell Univ.
3. “‘A Manly Heart’: The Heroism of Stowe’s Uncle Tom,” Adena Spingarn, Harvard Univ.
4. “Uncle Tom and the Critics: From Feminism to Transnationalism and Beyond,” David S. Reynolds, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|