529. James Weldon Johnson's The Autobiography of an Ex–Colored Man: A Century Later
Thursday, 7 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 307, WSCC
Program arranged by the Division on Late-Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century American Literature
Presiding: Gene Andrew Jarrett, Boston Univ.
1. "Music, Race, and Nation in Johnson's Autobiography," Erich Nunn, Auburn Univ., Auburn
2. "An Old Negro in a New Century: Locating the Southern Slave in Johnson's Autobiography," Adena Spingarn, Harvard Univ.
3. "The Ex-Colored among Us: Johnson's Autobiography and the New Millennial Multiracialism," Michele Elam, Stanford Univ.
4. "Pragmatic Nationalism in Johnson's Autobiography," Michael Clay Hooper, Prairie View A&M Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|