Monday, 29 December
454. The Politics of Visuality
8:30–9:45 a.m., Yosemite B, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century American Literature
Presiding: Thadious M. Davis, Univ. of Pennsylvania
1. “Visual Paratext and Racial Paradox in Black Autobiography,” Anthony S. Foy, Swarthmore Coll.
2. “Lynching Photographs: The Macabre Eye Candy We Can’t Resist (and Why We Should Try),” Koritha Mitchell, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
3. “‘Playing’ with Color, Learning New Ways of Seeing,” Bonnie TuSmith, Northeastern Univ.
4. “Troubling Vision: The Post–Racial State and the Colored Body,” Nicole Fleetwood, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|