Sunday, 27 December
73. The Politics of Animal Representation
7:00–8:15 p.m., 411–412, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century American Literature
Presiding: Marianne DeKoven, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
1. “Sick as a Dog: The Politics of Animality in Mark Doty’s Dog Years,” Michael Lundblad, Colorado State Univ., Fort Collins
2. “‘And the Lion Shall Eat Straw’: Vegetarian Predators in the American Cultural Landscape,” June S. Dwyer, Manhattan Coll.
3. “Temple Grandin and Cultural Politics,” Jessica L. W. Carey, McMaster Univ.
4. “‘Empty Souls’? Human and Animal in the Novels of Cormac McCarthy,” Nicholas Monk, Univ. of Warwick
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|