Thursday, 28 December
222. British Women Writers and Readers, 1760–1810
1:45–3:00 p.m., 406, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Late-Eighteenth-Century English Literature
Presiding: Devoney Looser, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
1. “Reading Barbauld’s Readers,” Scott Krawczyk, United States Military Acad.
2. “The Addicted Reader, the Novel, and Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey,” Patricia Comitini, Quinnipiac Univ.
3. “Appealing to the Reader: Paratextual Strategies in Memoirs by Unconventional British Women,” Caroline Denise Breashears, Saint Lawrence Univ.
4. “Exploring the Commonplace: What Women Wrote in Their Commonplace Books, circa 1740–1800,” Laura L. Runge, Univ. of South Florida
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|