Thursday, 28 December
213. Romanticism and the Everyday II: The Ordinary
1:45–3:00 p.m., Liberty Ballroom Salon A, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on the English Romantic Period
Presiding: William H. Galperin, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
1. “Pins, Shoes, Bacon, and Toast: The Importance of the Ordinary in Byron’s Don Juan,” Emily A. Bernhard Jackson, Univ. of Arkansas, Fayetteville
2. “Romantic Constatives: Reporting the Weather, Noting the Self,” Anne-Lise François, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. “Living with Keats, Reading with Swinburne: Prostitution, Pornography, and the Poetics of the Obscene Quotidian,” Joshua David Gonsalves, Rice Univ.
4. “Austen, Cavell, and the Ordinary,” Eric C. Walker, Florida State Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|