Thursday, 29 December
605. Romantic Revolutions in the Twenty-First Century: Politics, Poetics, Markets
7:15–8:30 p.m., Delaware Suite B, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on the English Romantic Period
Presiding: Jon P. Klancher, Carnegie Mellon Univ.
1. “The Counterrevolutionary Enterprise,” Kevin Michael Gilmartin, California Inst. of Tech.
2. “How British Romanticism Saved Modernist American Poetry and Can Rescue Twenty-First-Century America,” Robert George Kaufman, Stanford Univ.
3. “Sensation, Romanticism, and Revolution in Walter Benn Michaels’s The Shape of the Signifier,” Orrin Nan Chung Wang, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
4. “Romantic Marketing,” Jerome Colin Christensen, Univ. of California, Irvine
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|