561. 1914 in 2014: Our Great War
Sunday, 11 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Chicago F, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Late-Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century English Literature
Presiding: Jesse E. Matz, Kenyon Coll.
1. "Bringing the War Home: The Imperial War Museum on the Home Front," Claire E. Buck, Wheaton Coll., MA
2. "Wilde with All Regrets: Looking Back at Wilfred Owen through Oscar Wilde," James Campbell, Univ. of Central Florida
3. "Wilfred Owen's 'Strange Meeting' and René Girard's Clausewitzian Apocalypse," William A. Johnsen, Michigan State Univ.
4. "The New Heroism," Joyce Piell Wexler, Loyola Univ., Chicago
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|