Thursday, 06 January
34. Britain and the Middle East
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Platinum Salon H, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century English Literature
Presiding: Joseph Allen Boone, Univ. of Southern California
1. “War Writing, Travel Writing, and Arabia: T. E. Lawrence,” Joshua Bernstein, Univ. of Southern California
2. “Bell, Balfour, Dreadnought: The British Hoax of the Middle East,” Jennifer Wicke, Univ. of Virginia
3. “The Spy Thriller in Iraq: Agatha Christie,” Judy Suh, Duquesne Univ.
4. “The Suez Crisis and Magic Realism: Salman Rushdie and Naguib Mahfouz,” Karim Mattar, Univ. of Oxford
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 20 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|