Wednesday, 29 December
503. Africa in India, India in Africa
1:45–3:00 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon K, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on English Literature Other Than British and American
Presiding: John Charles Hawley, Santa Clara Univ.
1. “South Asian Africans and Indian Literature,” Jaspal Kaur Singh, Northern Michigan Univ.
2. “Bombay’s Africa,” Sharmila Sen, Harvard Univ.
3. “Where Gandhi Became Indian,” Amitava Kumar, Penn State Univ., University Park
4. “Sam Selvon and the Romance of Creolization,” Gautam Premnath, Univ. of California, Berkeley
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|