139. Peripheral Conversations: South-South Dialogues
Monday, 5 January, 7:00–8:15 p.m., 307, WSCC
Program arranged by the Division on English Literature Other Than British and American
Presiding: Faith Lois Smith, Brandeis Univ.
1. "The Revolution Will Be Cartooned! African Political Cartoonists and the North African Uprising," Tejumola Olaniyan, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
2. "Racial Otherings Twice Removed," Sze Wei Ang, Hong Kong Univ.
3. "Migration and Magic: Counternarratives in Who Slashed Celanire’s Throat?," Alison Klein, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
4. "Lebanon in Brazil," Waïl S. Hassan, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|