Tuesday, 29 December
611. European Capitals, World Capitals?
9:00–10:15 p.m., Washington C, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on European Literary Relations
Presiding: Nicoletta Pireddu, Georgetown Univ.
1. “Closing the Window on the West: Mandelstam, The Egyptian Stamp, and the End of Petersburg,” Leah Culligan-Flack, Northwestern Univ.
2. “Africans in Europe at the Exposition Universelle, Dream Capital of the Twentieth Century,” Christina L. Svendsen, Harvard Univ.
3. “The End of Mussolini’s Mythical Rome,” Victoria G. Tillson, Harvard Univ.
4. “Is Europe to Asia as Megalomania Is to Melancholy? Pamuk’s Istanbul,” Julia Watson, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|