Wednesday, 29 December
394. Literary Linguistics: Approaches
10:15–11:30 a.m., 308, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Linguistic Approaches to Literature
Presiding: K. Julia Karolle, John Carroll Univ.
1. “Primary Metaphor and the Fantastic,” Elena Tapia, Eastern Connecticut State Univ.
2. “The Linguistics of Euphemism: A Diachronic Study of Euphemism Formation in Literature,” Kerry Ham, Univ. of Florida
3. “The Unmentioning of a Noun, and of a Verb, by the Belle of Amherst,” John Robert Ross, Univ. of North Texas
4. “Linguistic Patterns in Poetry,” Pamela Greene Slate-Liggett, Tulsa Community Coll., OK
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|