593. Forms and Effects: Linguistic Approaches to the Teaching of Literature
Thursday, 7 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Columbia, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on Linguistic Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Jean-Jacques Thomas, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
1. "Stylistics in an Advanced English as a Second Language Course," Douglas Adamson, Univ. of Arizona
2. "The Grammar of Poetry, the Poetry of Grammar," Michael E. Huffmaster, Marlboro Coll.
3. "Functional Linguistics and the Teaching of Literature," Birgitta Svensson, Halmstad Univ.
4. "Epistemological Uncertainty in Heart of Darkness and The Great Gatsby: A Comparative Concordance Analysis of Verbs of Cognition and Their Negation," Robert Troyer, Western Oregon Univ.
For papers, write to email@example.com after 20 Nov.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|