Saturday, 30 December
627. Exploring Literary Linguistics and the Active Reader
8:30–9:45 a.m., Congress A, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Linguistic Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Ellen J. Esrock, Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst.
1. “Going Up and Down and from Utopia to Distopia: Athletic Mental Processes in Georges Perec’s W; or, The Memory of Childhood,” Madalina C. Akli, Rice Univ.
2. “Schema Trouble: The Case of James Frey’s A Million Little Pieces,” Chantelle N. Warner, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. “When You Fight to Come Home: Multicultural Experience and Cognitive Linguistic Aesthetics in De Rosa’s Paper Fish,” Lois Wolfe, Florida Keys Community Coll.
4. “Verbs, Voyeurism, and the Stalker Narrative in Cortázar’s Continuidad de los parques,” Julia E. Palmer, Illinois State Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|