Thursday, 27 December
139. What Is Literary Language? Toward a Definition
8:45–10:00 p.m., Mississippi, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Linguistic Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Claiborne Rice, Univ. of Louisiana, Lafayette
1. “The Lacanian Real in Literary Language,” Merrill Cole, Western Illinois Univ.
2. “Franz Kafka on Literary Language,” Michael E. Huffmaster, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. “Literary Language in Translation: Faulkner’s The Sound and the Fury in European Portuguese,” Milton M. Azevedo, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. “Literature as Voice: Anne Sexton,” Ian Williams, Fitchburg State Coll.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|