Saturday, 29 December
515. Religion and the Teaching of World Literature: Contemporary Issues, a Roundtable
1:45–3:00 p.m., Parlor C, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Literature and Religion
Presiding: Patricia Ann Ward, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. “The Trauma of Forgery: How Reading in Translation Mistranslates into the Religious Identity of the Reader,” Gian Balsamo, American Univ. in Cairo
2. “Contemporary Scholarship: Teaching Religion and Tradition,” Basem L. Ra’ad, Lebanese American Univ.
3. “Culture in Resistance: Hindu Warrior Goddesses and the Demonization of Islam,” Basuli Deb, Michigan State Univ.
4. “Syncretic Spirituality and the Teaching of Latina Literature,” Barbara Marie Christian, Kenai Peninsula Coll., AK
5. “African Literature and the New Christianity,” Susan VanZanten Gallagher, Seattle Pacific Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|