Monday, 27 December
4. Constellations I: The Social Life of Aesthetic Forms
5:15–6:30 p.m., 306, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Sociological Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Silvia L. López, Carleton Coll.
1. “Constellations: Aesthetics and Politics in Adorno’s Negative Dialectics,” Christina R. Gerhardt, Univ. of California, Berkeley
2. “Lyric Constellation: Poetry’s Radical Privilege in Benjamin, Adorno, and Marx,” Robert George Kaufman, Stanford Univ.
3. “Aiming for the Stars: The Biedermeier Interior as Camera Obscura,” Nicholas A. Rennie, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
4. “Toward a Poetics of Culture: A Reading of the Idea of Constellation in ‘On Some Motifs in Baudelaire,’” Jorge Brioso, Carleton Coll.
Respondent: Karyn Marie Ball, Univ. of Alberta
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|