Thursday, 29 December
510. War in the Arts and Media I
3:30–4:45 p.m., Coolidge, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Literature and Other Arts
Presiding: Marianna Torgovnick, Duke Univ.
1. “Rumors of War: The Political and Economic Impact of Victorian Scare Narratives,” Charles Edward Gannon, Saint Bonaventure Univ.
2. “Representing the Unjust War: Science Fiction and Imperial Fact,” Peter Yoonsuk Paik, Univ. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
3. “Alfresco Bathers of World War I: At the Limits of the Aesthetic,” Julia Frances Saville, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “Representing Comfort Women: Who, What, Why?” Maureen D. Fielding, Penn State Univ., Delaware County
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|