580. Literature and Architecture
Monday, 11 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Chicago H, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Literature and Other Arts
Presiding: Anke K. Finger, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs; Lisa Siraganian, Southern Methodist Univ.
1. "Omensetter's Luck and the Postmodern Carpenter Gothic," Royden Kadyschuk, Columbia Univ.
2. "Sight without Space: Skyscrapers and the New Cartography of Global Capital," David Wittenberg, Univ. of Iowa
3. "To Drag Out a Rough Poetry: Postwar British Literature and the New Brutalism," Paula Derdiger, McGill Univ.
4. "Writing Architecture: Transmedial Violence in Thomas Bernhard," Johannes Birke, Johns Hopkins Univ., MD
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|