Tuesday, 30 December
757. Creating Subjects in Contemporary Media
10:15–11:30 a.m., Golden Gate 6, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Language and Society
Presiding: Yelena I. Belyaeva-Standen, Saint Louis Univ.
1. “Racialization, Language, and National Identity: Othering Latinos in the National-Anthem Debates,” Jennifer Leeman, George Mason Univ.
2. “Indigenous Exceptions: The Bare Life of the Political Subject in Twenty-First-Century Australia,” Michael R. Griffiths, Rice Univ.
3. “Producing Alternative Subjectivities after 9/11,” Susan H. Lurie, Rice Univ.
4. “Bespoken Identities: Voice-Over Narration and the New Essay,” Jeff Porter, Univ. of Iowa
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|