Monday, 28 December
272. The Linguistic Effects of Study-Abroad Programs
3:30–4:45 p.m., Commonwealth Hall A1, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Applied Linguistics
Presiding: Frank Nuessel, Univ. of Louisville
1. “The Impact of Target-Country versus Home-Country Immersion Programs on the Language Acquisition of Second Language Learners,” Maria Antonia Cowles, Univ. of Pennsylvania; Lyris Wiedemann, Stanford Univ.
2. “Development of Subject Expression in Spanish: The Effects of a Study-Abroad Experience,” Casilde Isabelli, Univ. of Nevada, Reno
3. “Just Saying ‘No’: The Development of Pragmatic Competence during Study Abroad,” Amy VonCanon, Univ. of Colorado, Denver
4. “Applying the Multicompetence Framework to the Study-Abroad Experience,” Eva Dessein, Vanderbilt Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|