Friday, 29 December
383. Hidden Transcripts: Recovering Underrepresented Literatures
10:15–11:30 a.m., 307, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Methods of Literary Research
Presiding: Laurie Anne Finke, Kenyon Coll.
1. “A Rationale of Recovery,” Jean Lee Cole, Loyola Coll.
2. “Literature of the Dawn: Recovering Indigenous New England,” Siobhan Senier, Univ. of New Hampshire, Durham
3. “Artless Stories, Simple Facts: Editorial Practices and the Misreading of Nineteenth-Century African American Literature,” John Ernest, West Virginia Univ., Morgantown
4. “Vestiges of Old Madras: Epistemological Encounters in the Archives of Fort Saint George,” Rajani Sudan, Southern Methodist Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|