Tuesday, 28 December
92. Cluelessness and Difference in the Literature Classroom
8:30–9:45 a.m., 203-B, Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on the Teaching of Literature
Presiding: Marcy Ellen Schwartz, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
1. “Overwhelmed by the World: Teaching Literature and the ‘Difference’ of Nations,” Rajini Srikanth, Univ. of Massachusetts, Boston
2. “Reading What We Are Not: White Male Readers in the Lands of the ‘Other,’” Pennie J. Ticen, Virginia Military Inst.
3. “Cluelessness and the Queer Studies Classroom,” Donald E. Hall, West Virginia Univ., Morgantown
4. “New Spaces, New Media: Bringing Africa and Film into the Literature Classroom,” Rachel T. Gabara, Princeton Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|