Saturday, 27 December
144. Anthologies and the Construction of Pedagogical Canons
8:45–10:00 p.m., Golden Gate 7, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on the Teaching of Literature
Presiding: Nancy J. Peterson, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette
1. “Anthologies Don’t Make Canons—Teachers Do!” Kevin J. H. Dettmar, Pomona Coll.
2. “Teaching Pieces: The Anthology as a Genre,” Jillian Sandell, San Francisco State Univ.
3. “Witness Anthologies,” Joseph Lockard, Arizona State Univ.
4. “Canonical Contexts in Anthologies of English Romanticism,” Antonia J. Losano, Middlebury Coll.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|