731. Common First-Year Readings and Themes: Theory, Practice, Problems, Promise
Thursday, 8 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 608, WSCC
Program arranged by the Division on the Teaching of Writing
Presiding: Dale Larson, Grays Harbor Coll., WA
1. "The Common Book Experience, Uncommon Curricular Constituencies, and Academic Freedom in the First Year," K. J. Peters, Loyola Marymount Univ.
2. "When Everyone Reads or Misreads the Same Book: Campus Readers and Common Readers," Harvey Michael Teres, Syracuse Univ.
3. "Sustainability and the Common 'Critical' Gesture: Teaching a Theme or Prescribing a Point of View," Peter Michael Huk, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
4. "'Not As Hard As You Think': Interdisciplinary Service Learning and Required English," Samantha Riley, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|