Thursday, 27 December
124. Current Research in Sixteenth-Century French Literature
8:45–10:00 p.m., Ontario, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Sixteenth-Century French Literature
Presiding: Deborah Lesko Baker, Georgetown Univ.
1. “Thinking with Witches: Ancient Magic, Witchcraft, and Binding Spells in Renaissance French Poetry,” Anna Holland, Univ. of Oxford, Saint John’s Coll.
2. “Madeleine de l’Aubespine (1546–96): A Major Woman Poet, Ronsard’s Fille d’Alliance,” Anna Klosowska, Miami Univ., Oxford
3. “Just Desserts: Laughter and the Nay-Saying Damsel,” Dora E. Polachek, Binghamton Univ., State Univ. of New York
4. “On One Newly Discovered and Four Already Known Manuscripts of La Boétie’s Servitude volontaire,” Marc David Schachter, Duke Univ.
For copies of abstracts and papers, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|