762. Diplomacy in Seventeenth-Century French Culture
Tuesday, 12 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Huron, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Seventeenth-Century French Literature
Presiding: Faith E. Beasley, Dartmouth Coll.
1. "Laurent D'Arvieux: Self-Fashioned Envoyé Extraordinaire," Michèle Longino, Duke Univ.
2. "Staging Negotiation: Diplomacy and the Culture of Court Spectacle," Ellen Welch, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
3. "The Letter of the King: Diplomatic Representation in France and Siam," Ellen McClure, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
4. "Spitting Soup in Mossul: Anecdotes of Bad Diplomacy and Their Uses," Jonathan Haddad, Univ. of California, Berkeley
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 15 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|