268. Rousseau at Three Hundred
Wednesday, 6 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Ravenna A and B, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on Eighteenth-Century French Literature
Presiding: Susan A. Maslan, Univ. of California, Berkeley
1. "Rousseau 2012: Are We Just Yet?" Julia V. Douthwaite, Univ. of Notre Dame
2. "The Ambivalent Rousseau," Natasha Lee, Princeton Univ.
3. "Rousseau, Condorcet, and the Limits of Modern, Mass Democracy," Guillaume Ansart, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
4. "Rousseau and the Closure of History: Rereading the End of the Second Discourse," Oleg Gelikman, Soka Univ. of America
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 1 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|