564. The French in the Americas
Tuesday, 7 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Columbia, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on Eighteenth-Century French Literature and the Division on American Literature to 1800
Presiding: Mary McAlpin, Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville
1. "New French Sympathy: Quentin Stockwell's Ardent Frenchmen," Laura Laffrado, Western Washington Univ.
2. "America in the French Imagination: The French Settlers of Asylum, Pennsylvania, and Their Perceptions of 1790s America," Catherine Spaeth, Saint Catherine Univ.
3. "Lafitau's Indigenous Religions," Mary Helen McMurran, Univ. of Western Ontario
4. "'Lieu de mémoires,' from Versailles to the Verrazano Narrows: Location and Identity in the Mémoires de la marquise de La Tour du Pin," Julia Luisa Abramson, Univ. of Oklahoma
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|