Wednesday, 28 December
147. Medicine and Its Discourses in the Nineteenth Century
10:15–11:30 a.m., Georgetown East, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Nineteenth-Century French Literature
Presiding: Deborah Ann Harter, Rice Univ.
1. “Doctors without Borders? Masculinity at Risk on the Napoleonic Home Front,” Margaret Ann Waller, Pomona Coll.
2. “Michelet Plays Doctor,” Vivian Kogan, Dartmouth Coll.
3. “The Symptomatic Doctor,” Philip G. Hadlock, Texas Christian Univ.
4. “Poisonous Words: Medicine and Knowledge in Maupassant’s Pierre et Jean,” Dorian F. Bell, Univ. of Pennsylvania
For copies of abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|