Saturday, 29 December
417. Utopian Philosophies: Homage to Frank P. Bowman (1927–2006)
8:30–9:45 a.m., Mississippi, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Nineteenth-Century French Literature
Presiding: Aimee Kilbane, Dartmouth Coll.
1. “Les religions du romantisme: Hommage à Frank P. Bowman,” Catherine M. J. Nesci, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
2. “Revolutionary Utopianism in Early Romanticism: The Case of Les primitifs,” Sanja Perovic, Univ. of Chicago
3. “Romantic and Utopian: French Socialism in the 1830s and ’40s,” Naomi J. Andrews, Santa Clara Univ.
4. “The ‘Vers roturiers’ of Marceline Desbordes-Valmore: Spinning Working-Class Verse and the Lyon Silk Industry,” Deborah Jenson, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|