376. Representations of Islam in Francophone African Literature
Tuesday, 6 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Ballard, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on Francophone Literatures and Cultures and the Division on African Literatures
Presiding: Anne Donadey, San Diego State Univ.; Alain Lawo Sukam, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
1. "Pluralism and Reform within Radical Monotheism and Novelistic Fiction," Donald R. Wehrs, Auburn Univ., Auburn
2. "Narrating the Prophet's Life: Mohammed in North African Novels," Carine Bourget, Univ. of Arizona
3. "Visions of Islam in Recent Algerian Fiction," Susan Ireland, Grinnell Coll.
4. "Shaping Futures and Feminisms: Qur'anic Schools in West African Francophone Fiction," Shirin E. Edwin, Sam Houston State Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|