Sunday, 28 December
328. The Sound of Change: Evolving Techniques and Technologies
1:45–3:00 p.m., Pacific Suite I, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century German Literature
Presiding: Eric Downing, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. “The Evolving Musical Ear and Changes in Stimmung,” Sanna Pederson, Univ. of Oklahoma
2. “Heinrich Heine and Early Entertainment Broadcasting,” Daniel Gilfillan, Arizona State Univ.
3. “Literary Form and Sonic Innovation in Friedrich W. Bischoff’s Hallo Hier Welle Erdball (1928–30),” Brian Hanrahan, Columbia Univ.
4. “Silence, Please! Arnheim and Synchronized Sound,” Nora M. Alter, Univ. of Florida
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|