Monday, 29 December
555. The Sound of Change: New Listeners and Forms of Listening
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Club Room, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century German Literature
Presiding: Irene Kacandes, Dartmouth Coll.
1. “Distant Sounds: The Modernist Struggle over Modern Listening,” Lutz Koepnick, Washington Univ.
2. “Reading Maidservants Reading,” Christine R. Rinne, Univ. of Nevada, Reno
3. “The Silent Machinery of Modernity,” William Crooke, Univ. of California, Santa Cruz
4. “‘Tingel Tangel’ in Berlin and Hollywood: Friedrich Hollaender’s Cabaret,” Alan H. Lareau, Univ. of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|