Saturday, 27 December
134. Visual and Verbal Languages: Medieval and Early Modern
8:45–10:00 p.m., Nob Hill D, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Medieval and Renaissance Italian Literature
Presiding: Daniela Boccassini Testa, Univ. of British Columbia
1. “Seeing and Believing: The Importance of Sight in the Poetry of Giacomo da Lentini,” Ruth L. Caldwell, Luther Coll.
2. “Purgatorio X and Dante’s Phenomenological Hermeneutics of the Self,” Jenna Sunkenberg, Univ. of Toronto
3. “Graphica Facultas: Image and Knowledge in Giordano Bruno’s De umbris idearum,” Nicola Cipani, New York Univ.
4. “Blame and Play in Visual and Verbal Languages: The Iscrizione di San Clemente in Rome,” Nicolino Applauso, Univ. of Oregon
For copies of abstracts, visit www.fhis.ubc.ca/index.php?id=3253 after 1 Dec.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|