448. Italy in the Mediterranean
Monday, 5 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., 307, Hynes
Program arranged by the Division on Medieval and Renaissance Italian Literature
Presiding: Bernardo Piciche, Virginia Commonwealth Univ.
1. "'Italia mia': Petrarch's Ideal beyond Literature," Roberto Pesce, Tulane Univ.
2. "Mediterranean Renaissance: Humanists, Merchants, and Historians between Italy and Ragusa (Dubrovnik)," Filippo Naitana, Quinnipiac Univ.
3. "Castiglione's Mediterranean: Alexander the Great and Charles V in Il cortegiano," Andrea Moudarres, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
4. "The Mediterraneity of Leo Africanus and the Role of an Epilogue," Martino Lovato, Univ. of Texas, Austin
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|