305. Pilgrims and Pilgrimages, Religious and Literary
Saturday, 10 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Parlor E, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Medieval and Renaissance Italian Literature
Presiding: David Lummus, Stanford Univ.
1. "Welcoming the Stranger: Linguistic Hospitality and the Literature of Pilgrimage in Early Modern Italy," Jane C. Tylus, New York Univ.
2. "An Artistic Pilgrimage: Pietro Bembo on the Slopes of Etna," Roberto Nicosia, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
3. "Luigi Pulci and the Gabbadei: A Pilgrimage to the Osteria," Michael Maher, Coll. of Charleston
4. "Tending the Garden of a Friend: Giovanni Battista Ramusio's Editorial Treatment of Andrea Navagero's Literary Estate," Robert Imes, Univ. of Saskatchewan
For abstracts, visit medievalrenaissanceitalianliterature.commons.mla.org/.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|