Monday, 29 December
503. New Readings of Renaissance Texts
10:15–11:30 a.m., Foothill E, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Medieval and Renaissance Italian Literature
Presiding: Dennis Looney, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
1. “Lingua materna, lingua flora: The Invention of the Mother Tongue and the Native Speaker in the Italian Renaissance,” Thomas Paul Bonfiglio, Univ. of Richmond
2. “Stereotypes about Aging in Castiglione’s Book of the Courtier,” Cynthia Skenazi, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
3. “Ruzante’s Prima Orazione: Three Versions for Three Audiences?” Linda L. Carroll, Tulane Univ.
4. “From Manuscript to Text: The Invenzione della croce by Beltramo Poggi, Dedicated to Isabella de’ Medici (1561),” Gianni Cicali, Georgetown Univ.
For copies of abstracts and papers, visit www.fhis.ubc.ca/index.php?id=3253 after 1 Dec.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|