739. Candor, Deception, and Dissimulation
Monday, 12 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Parlor E, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Medieval and Renaissance Italian Literature
Presiding: Linda L. Carroll, Tulane Univ.
1. "Playful Dissimulation in the Sienese 'Veglie,'" Andrea Baldi, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
2. "Eden Regained and Lost: Brazil between Caminha and Vespucci," Filippo Naitana, Quinnipiac Univ.
3. "Saint Francis's Recordatio and the 'Franciscan Question,'" Roberto Pesce, Tulane Univ.
4. "Hagiography as Disinformation? Politics and the Canonization of Catherine of Siena," Lisa M. Vitale, Southern Connecticut State Univ.
For abstracts, visit medievalrenaissanceitalianliterature.commons.mla.org/.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|