Wednesday, 29 December
459. The Places of Latina/o Studies
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Regency Ballroom C1, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century Latin American Literature
Presiding: Claire Frances Fox, Univ. of Iowa
1. “Globalization and Latino Studies,” Lara Nielsen, New York Univ.
2. “Latino (Studies) by Association: (Dis)Locating the Field across and among Professional Academic Associations,” Ricardo L. Ortiz, Georgetown Univ.
3. “‘Not-Here to Stay’: Diasporic Foreclosures in Peruvian Geographies of Sound,” Kirstie Dorr, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. “Is Ariel Dorfman a Latino? The Place of Alterlatinos in Latino Studies,” Sophia A. McClennen, Penn State Univ., University Park
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|