195. New Readings in Brazilian Popular Culture
Monday, 6 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Cedar, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on Luso-Brazilian Language and Literature
Presiding: Emanuelle K. F. Oliveira, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. "Cordel do Fogo Encantado and the (Im)Possibility of a (Post)Modern Sertão," Kirsten Marie Ernst, Univ. of California, Berkeley
2. "Charting the Gendered Spaces of Citizenship in Tata Amaral's Antonia," Leila Maria Lehnen, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
3. "Strange Worlds: Zé do Caixão and the Powers of Horror," Robin Peery, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
4. "Tweeting Aphorisms in Brazil," Isis McElroy, Arizona State Univ.
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 15 Dec.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|