Friday, 29 December
530. Literature and the New Media Economy
3:30–4:45 p.m., Washington A, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Luso-Brazilian Language and Literature
Presiding: Peggy L. Sharpe, Florida State Univ.
1. “The Erotic and Exotic Lure: A Cultural Decoy,” Maria José Somerlate Barbosa, Univ. of Iowa
2. “The Material Girl’s Digital Archive: Literature and New Media Economy in Clarah Averbuck’s Máquina de pinball,” Leila Maria Lehnen, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
3. “A hora da estrela: A doméstica no cinema brasileiro contemporâneo,” Sonia M. Roncador, Univ. of Texas, Austin
4. “Singing under Siege: Resistance Music in Portugal and Brazil,” Patricia I. Vieira, Harvard Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|