731. Sport and Nation in the Lusophone World
Monday, 12 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Ohio, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Luso-Brazilian Language and Literature
Presiding: Emanuelle K. F. Oliveira-Monte, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. "Scoring Citizenship: Sports and Agency in Brazilian Culture," Leila Maria Lehnen, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
2. "'The Greatest Fear Is Staying, Not Leaving': De-constructing Cape Verdean (Post)Coloniality in Fernando Vendrell's Dribbling Fate," Ana Catarina Teixeira, Massachusetts Inst. of Tech.
3. "'Um bando de loucos' brasileiros: Corinthians and Masculinity in Boleiros and Linha de passe," Patrick Ridge, Arizona State Univ.
4. "Scoring Masculinity: Porn, Power, and O Jogo Bonito," Jeremy Lehnen, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|