Wednesday, 28 December
314. “Adulterated” Children’s Literature: Adult Uses and Misuses of Children’s Texts
7:15–8:30 p.m., Park Tower Suite 8222, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Children’s Literature
Presiding: June S. Cummins, San Diego State Univ.
1. “Clueless and Aimless No More: Mabel Maney’s Queer Revisions of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys,” Kathleen Chamberlain, Emory and Henry Coll.
2. “Freud, Metatexts, and the Wicked Pleasures of Nostalgia: The ‘Adulterated’ Wizard of Oz,” Craig Svonkin, Univ. of California, Riverside
3. “Creating a Children’s Canon: The Newbery Medal, Historical Fiction, and Adult Lessons in Racism and Race Relations,” Sara Schwebel, Harvard Univ.
4. “Young/Adult,” Kenneth Byron Kidd, Univ. of Florida
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|